The Artray official office photos have been planned for some time now, a few years at least. We got together to brainstorm and came up with an idea: let's do it like they did in Bulgarian factories in the seventies.
Socialist art is back and we love it.
Our first step? Take a look online for references. Piece of cake, internet search level - proficient:)
Says this socialist wall art. We agree!!!
Seventies portraits of people at work. Source: internet.
So far so good.......
Next step - finding a location and some props.
We used our:
to find artefacts from the 1970s and 80s.
As for the location... it's a real place! Still in use, and the premises of... are you kidding, we can't tell you of course. Top secret! Highly confidential! If we told you we'd have to kill you.
1. Office supplies from 1989, a calendar full of interesting facts, such as which communist party was established when, the release date for the first edition of The Capital, all that jazz. And a folder - the real thing, not a digital Windows version for a change.
2. Hard core smoker's best friend - Arda.
3. A comb - an office must-have for high hygiene levels and excellent looks.
4. A piece of machinery for measuring stuff
5. Woman's attire, used in a factory
6. Piece of man's garment, history unknown
Once the props and location were ready the real fun could begin!
Not without the usual complications of course - some members of the team were away on holiday on the shoot day. But we didn't miss them too much - after all we do possess some powerful post-production skills and can always work a little magic in Photoshop.
And we MADE MAGIC!
Take a look at behind the scenes sneak pics.
take a look at